Liquid Level Sensors
Liquid Level Sensors, device for measuring liquid level and converting it to an electrical signal to send to other instrumentation. Also called liquid level switches. They are designed to change state when immersed in a liquid. And are used to determine if a liquid or oil exists at a particular level in a container.
Types of Sensors
Liquid level sensors provide measurement of the height or position of a fluid surface. They are using a variety of different technologies and methods.
The different kinds of liquid level sensors include;
- Optical sensors detect the decrease or change in transmission of infrared light emitted from a diode through a material.
- Capacitive sensors apply radio frequency signals to a capacitance circuit to sense materials with dielectric constants ranging from 1.1 to 88 or more.
- Conductive or resistance sensors use a low-voltage power source applied across separate electrodes. Level is interpreted based on the amount of resistance or conductance of the substance which carries the current.
- Diaphragm or pneumatic liquid level switches rely on air pressure to push a diaphragm which engages a micro-switch inside the body of the unit.
- Float sensors involve the opening or closing of a mechanical switch through either direct contact or magnetic operation from a device which floats on the surface of the measured liquid.
Showing all 2 results
SEN01985 Optical Liquid Level Sensor
Trane SEN01985 Optical Liquid Level Sensor (X13790834050)
Level sensors detect the level of liquids and other fluids and fluidized solids, including slurries, granular materials, and powders that exhibit an upper free surface. The level measurement can be either continuous or point values. Continuous level sensors measure level within a specified range and determine the exact amount of substance in a certain place, while point-level sensors only indicate whether the substance is above or below the sensing point. Generally the latter detect levels that are excessively high or low.(0 reviews)$345.00 Add to cart
SEN02128 Liquid Level Sensor
Liquid level sensors are used to monitor and regulate levels of a particular free-flowing substance within a contained space. These substances are usually liquid, however liquid level sensors can also be used to monitor solids, such as powders. There are many different types of liquid level sensors, and they have several uses, both industrial and in the household for example.(0 reviews)$1,380.00 Add to cart